Buy Aldactone OnlineSpironolactone: Drug Description
Spironolactone is a prescription diuretic used for the treatment of various conditions, among which are:
- Heart failure. Spironolactone is highly recommended for patients with severe heart failure, because people taking this medication have reduced risk of hospitalization or death.
- Hypertension. Although Spironolactone will not cure high blood pressure, it helps control both systolic and diastolic pressure. Because of this effect, Spironolactone reduces the chances of having health problems such as a stroke or heart disease, which may develop as a result of long-term hypertension.
- Water retention. Water retention can develop due to other medical condition, such as cirrhosis, nephrotic syndrome, or heart failure. Spironolactone tablets help treat water retention by removing extra fluid from the body, but is does not cure the underlying cause of edema.
- Hyperaldosteronism. Spironolactone can also be used for diagnosing and treating hyperaldosteronism, which is a condition characterized by overproduction of aldosterone. Spironolactone is a hormone responsible for regulation of the salt and water balance in our bodies. Spironolactone is effective at treating primary hyperaldosteronism, which is not caused by any other medical condition (as opposed to secondary hyperaldosteronism which can be caused by cirrhosis or kidney disease).
- Low potassium levels. Hypokalemia can be caused by high aldosterone levels. By treating hyperaldosteronism, generic Spironolactone helps treat low potassium levels as well.
The active component spironolactone belongs to a group of drugs called potassium-sparing diuretics. The medication decreases the amount of salt absorbed by your body, thereby increasing potassium levels.Dosing
- The recommended Spironolactone dosage for hypertension ranges from 50 mg to 100 mg daily.
- The recommended dosage of Spironolactone for water retention is 100 mg per day.
- When treating hyperaldosteronism, the usual dose of Spironolactone is 100 mg to 400 mg daily.
- Patients with hypokalemia are usually prescribed 25-100 mg of Spironolactone.
- When Spironolactone is used for the diagnosis of hyperaldosteronism, a patient is usually given 400 mg per day either for 3-4 weeks or for 4 days. Doctor monitors the patient’s potassium levels and blood pressure during the treatment to determine if he has hyperaldosteronism.
Feel free to use Spironolactone or other medication from our site. Among the categories of our drug catalogue are the following: erectile dysfunction, diabetes, hair loss, weight loss, and many more. Choose the problem that bothers you and you will see an extensive list of drugs that may help you. For your convenience, each our product has description section which includes drug indications, instructions for its usage, safety information, and possible side effects. In addition to this information, you will find detailed instructions on how to use Spironolactone in the Patient Information Leaflet, which is supplied with the drug. Always read this information before taking any drug.
We would recommend you to consult your health care provider before taking the drug. You may have some conditions that may affect your dosage of Spironolactone. Your doctor will advise the dose which is safe and effective for you.