Buy Flagyl OnlineMetronidazole: The Drug of Choice for Anaerobic Infections
Metronidazole has been prescribed for the treatment of various infections for more than 45 years and is still effective against such common infections, as trichomoniasis, giardiasis, and amoebiasis. It was originally design for the treatment of infection caused by Trichomonas vaginalis protozoa and then has shown to be effective at treating other protozoal infections.
This prescription antibiotic approved for the treatment of infections caused by anaerobic bacteria (that can survive without oxygen) and parasites, including certain STIs. Metronidazole generic is prescribed to treat these conditions:
- Anaerobic infections of the abdomen, lungs, heart, blood, skin, CNS, brain, bones and joints, and female reproductive system;
- Certain amebic infections (including liver abscess and dysentery);
Metronidazole enters the bacteria cells and causes production of free radicals. These radicals damage cells and make bacteria die.Why should I choose Metronidazole?
Metronidazole is a cost-effective antibiotic because of its low price, high effectiveness against anaerobic bacteria, favorable properties, and minor side effects. Among other benefits of metronidazole is a low rate of resistance to this drug.What forms does Metronidazole come in?
Metronidazole is supplied in several forms: short-acting and long-acting tablets, capsules and injections.
Long-acting Metronidazole tablets are used for treating bacterial vaginosis only; and the injectable form of Metronidazole is used for treating and preventing anaerobic infections of the digestive tract following certain procedures.
Metronidazole antibiotic comes in the following strengths and forms: 250 mg, 375 mg, 400 mg, and 500 mg.How should I use Metronidazole?
Metronidazole should be taken from 1 to 4 times a day, depending on the infection.
Metronidazole short-acting tablets can be taken with meals or on empty stomach. However, if you use long-acting tablets, you should take them an hour or two after a meal. It is important that you take Metronidazole at the same time. If you take your doses too far apart, the drug may become less effective.
Metronidazole dosage depends on the infection you have, among some other factors.
- When used for trichomoniasis, two different dosing regimens can be used. The first option is 2 g of Metronidazole taken in one single dose or in two smaller doses. A 7-day treatment of Metronidazole 250 mg taken three times a day can be even more effective. The dosing regimen should be individualized. You may tolerate one-day regimen better than the seven-day dosing regimen.
- The standard dose of Metronidazole for amebic infections if 750 mg taken three times daily for 5-10 days. For liver abscess caused by amebic infection, the usual dosage ranges between 250 mg and 500 mg taken three times a day for 5-10 days.
- The recommended dosage of long-acting Metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis if 750 mg a day for 7 days.
It’s important that you take Metronidazole for the entire length of prescribed treatment course. The drug will not work in a proper way if you discontinue it too early.